Thursday, April 24, 2008

Widgets for everything....

I am sitting at my kitchen table in the morning working. The weather outside is sunny and beautiful. Right behind me is a window with an outdoor thermometer. Instead of turning and reading the thermometer outside my window, I pull up my widgets and get the correct temperature.

There are of course several reasons for this. I think I trust the widget better than my own instrument. It also, at the same time, gives me the temperature in other places around the world that I am interested in. And, I get some other things too, typical widget info.

Anyhow, it is strange to observe this kind of behavior, especially if it is myself....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really think there is a certain kind of transformative power that comes with having access to all info that's important to you at your finger tips.

Erik Stolterman Bergqvist said...

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your comment and you are of course right, I really like the expression" transformative power". It is a difficult one that can be discussed in detail what it really means, but I like it anyhow :-)

Erik